Many of you are loyal Powderhorn folks and for that we're very grateful. You know almost everything about the mountain since you're up here all the time. But for those newer to the mountain, here's a few things you may not know:
- An inter-denominational worship service takes place every Sunday at 1:30pm. It's a ski in/ski out service about 20-30 minutes long located at the top of EZ.
- This is just the second season we've had Bear Claw and Hooligan, two great runs on the West End. Locals got to name the runs by voting for several weeks.
- Our rental shop isn't just skis and snowboards. You can get tele skis, cross country skis and snowshoes. We even rent clothing in the Alpine Trader.
- We have 2 shifts of slope maintenance crews every night: 4pm-midnight and midnight- 8am. These guys are preparing the mountain for another day of great riding. And they see some pretty interesting things every once in awhile....Sasquatch.
- There are plenty of "unnammed" runs at Powderhorn. Just ask someone who's been here a few years.
- There's still a small treasure chest hidden somewhere on the mountain with a prize in it. It's from a treasure hunt last year and we can't find the dang thing....forgot where we hid it!
- We LOVE getting photos and video from guests! Send stuff anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it on our Facebook page